Planted 55 stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwesx1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
planning on converting my 55 over to a planted tank over the next few months and im toying around with stock lists , heres what im thinking so far ,

2 black veil angels
4 clown loach
1 brushy nose pleco , albino if i can find one
school of sail fin mollies
school of guppies
2 apple snails ,
maybe some shrimp of some kind

gonna have to do a lot of research on what kind of plants i want to put in , plus i know im gonna have to up my lighting and filtration

why not clowns ? there one of my favorites .

also i wanted a school fish so instead guppies would neon tetra work , i know i have to stay away from things that would nip at the angels fins

Clowns will out grow the tank. They reach a good size and get quite hefty. You would need 90 plus gallons to house a group of them well. I like the rest of your stocking.

so i think I wanna do a complete amazon biotype so ive modified the stoc list a bit i think it might be to heavy

4 angels
4 hatchet fish
4 emerald corey
6 neon tetra (can some one confirm if there amazonian?)
1 bristle nose pleco

i know you need 10 gall a piece for the angles and plecos have a high bio load, so i might have to cut a angel . opinions ?

You need a couple more hatchets and a couple more corys. They like larger schools. The neons are Amazonian, they could also become angel snacks. The stocking will work in a 55, you may have to rearrange the angels when they reach maturity, as a pair will not like company, it might work out though.

thats the main reason i want to go with 4 angels i want to guarantee a mated pair , once they pair off i will more then likely return the other two , unless for some reason they get along together then i might just keep them ,

if a few neons go missing its no big deal but i plan on fully planting so they will have lots of hiding space

If you want to just about guarantee a pair get 6 juveniles, the odds are almost 100% for a pair that way.

Back
Top Bottom