Plants???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so for my 20l I was wondering if I could add some dwarf sag and a crypt wendetii...I'm using Eco complete for my substrate and my lighting is a 17 wat t8 bulb...would those two plant work in my tank...I already have java moss and fern in there along with some cambomba and an amazon sword

Sadly, that particular light fixture will put you solidly at the low light level. The Crypt would probably do fine as well as the javas. But sadly the dwarf sag might be a little light deprived. The cabomba will probably also give you issues. I have a dual t5ho light fixture on my 55g and it is giving me a solid medium light level which was impossible to successfully grow cabomba at.

Have you thought about adding any anubias to the tank? They are great low light plants, anubias nana is one of my favs out of that group.

My cambomba is doing fine it is growing like crazy...and yeah I actually got a Anubias nana for my new 5.5 gallon tank and I'm going to just propagate it...I'm just not quit sure how to do that yet

Well in that case very nice! Mine grew a bit and then rotted away from the stems. It's a typical sign of too low of a light level.

Ok I'm glad to here that...I was thinking the crypt would be ok but it was the dwarf sag I was worried about

Yes, the sag should be fine. I have some in my 10g, with a 15w t8 light and it grows well.

Back
Top Bottom