Plants would be good.......??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, that's the stuff I have. I'm wanting to go with some ferns and moss probably to start with. I'd like something tall to go on the sides though, next to the rocks.

I think your going to need some type of ferts even with lowlight plants, whether it be root tabs or liquid ferts. Could be wrong but pretty sure you will. Hopefully Rivercats can chime in sometime, anything she recommends about plants, take her advice! She really knows what shes talking about!

I think it largely depends on the plants chosen. Some disagree with me, but IMHO in a low light tank, rhizome plants like anubias and java ferns wouldn't need ferts. They grow so dang slowly :lol: If you are to go with crypts, I would recommend using a root tab of some sort because crypts are heavy root feeders. For hygros I would probably use something like flourish comprehensive due to their quick growth rate. Faster growth = more nutrients absorbed.

Im guessing since u have the stock light its prob a t8 bulb, so low light plants would be good.
Flourish excel is a liquid fert, and it def wouldnt hurt.
Root tabs would help the root feeders.
Easy low light plants are java ferns, crypts, most mosses( i had java moss, and it grew great in low light), anubia or however u spell it is also a good low light plant.

More great info, v helpful thank u!

Back
Top Bottom