Popeye on my male Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jan4scuba

Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning and checked my Killifish breeding tank where there are a mated pair of APH MENTO-ZENGEN Killifish. I decided to breed them because the male was too aggressive in my planted nano tank and was terrorizing the other fish. They have been isolated about a month with all the conditions necessary for them to breed but so far NOTHING. Now the male has developed a case of POPEYE and I'm not sure what to do about it?

Rather than going to my LFS and asking for advice, and since there is very little on the web about it, I'm turning to the people who have hands on experience. Any suggestions about what to do? Can it be cured? will he survive? Are the chances of breeding over? Truthfully I would love to have the tank back and go with my original plans of a nano reef tank, But unless I know for sure there is no chance on saving him I hate the thought of euthanasia. I know its a long post, so thanks for reading and thanks for any advice you can give.

Back
Top Bottom