Pps pro ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thepokerkid227

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there anywhere I could buy the ingredients for pps pro in person as to offset shipping costs and not have to wait for it, I was thinking a garden or feed store?

Yeah I buy my PPS-PRO ingredients from GLA as well. I highly recommend them... Great customer service!

If you are fortunate enough to live near a hydroponic store, they should have the ingredients you need. I get mine at a local hydroponic place. Just depends if there is one within reach of where you live or not.

Thanks for that info a quick search turned up about a dozen hydroponic stores around me lol never knew CT had any

If you are fortunate enough to live near a hydroponic store, they should have the ingredients you need. I get mine at a local hydroponic place. Just depends if there is one within reach of where you live or not.

This is a good idea. I have one not too far from me as well. I forgot to order chelated iron with my last order from GLA. I'm going to call and see if I can save money.

What's you guys feelings and tips about adding extra iron? WIth a good planted substrate, and GLA EI or PPS fert regime what does the extra iron do? I have about half non-green plants. Does the extra iron help them color up better? OS.

What's you guys feelings and tips about adding extra iron? WIth a good planted substrate, and GLA EI or PPS fert regime what does the extra iron do? I have about half non-green plants. Does the extra iron help them color up better? OS.

I've heard that Fe does help getting plants to deepen their color. I've also heard that it doesn't help reds either. I'm not sure what to believe. I've noticed improvement in reds when I dosed API Leaf Zone. I was going to buy a bottle of Seachem Iron and after reading some reviews on Amazon, I noticed some also claiming to achieve better coloring with the added Fe.

Check out this read. Someone in another forum linked it to me to debunk my theory
https://sites.google.com/site/skepticalverdure/home/the-myths-of-red-plants

Also check this out. I was asking as you are now. I also linked to a super colorful tank in TPT where the guy attributes part of his success to certain Fe containing liquid ferts.
http://www.aquaticplantenthusiasts.com/fertilizer/5475-adding-iron-pps-pro-dosing.html

I'm also a tad confused about the various types of Fe. EDTA vs. DTPA? Something along the lines of how each can only be used by plants dependant upon the pH... That's why I want to experiment with chelated (DTPA) Fe.

Great! Thanks for the links Brian. I'll do my research also and see if it is something I want to try. Lord knows we need one more thing to fiddle with don't we? lol. Take care. The big rescape thread starts Friday. Plants should be here today. I'm getting nervous and watching lots of you-tubes about each type of plant's planting and trimming. OS.

No dice in AZ. Called 4 hydroponic supply stores and no one sells the individual salts for macros. Nor do they carry just chelated iron without additives. Didn't even bother to ask about CSM+B. Guess I'm sticking with GLA.

After calling 5 stores in CT, one finally could get in what I needed but only minimum of 2pounds each, may just order online now

Bummer. The store that I can get to carries everything in 500 gram jars. Totally worth the half hour drive to get it. Only one they don't have is the iron, but I think the trace mix takes care of that pretty well.

There are a number of red plants that do need more iron to maintain good colour and even some green ones, like, if memory serves me, hydrotriche ?.. I think that's one of the green ones that needs a lot of iron. But you don't want too much iron either.. such fun trying to get a nice balance on everything, isn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom