Pps pro users advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobbiest

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently started using the pps pro system of fertilizing again and have been doing multiple pwc each week to combat a algae problem I was battling. I also cut photo period to the four on four off method and plants are starting to look great and blk hair algae is almost completely gone. I have pressurized Co2 and I add fertilizers about an hour before I turn lights on in the morning.
Today I did my pwc before I turned lights off in the afternoon then at seven tonight I turned lights back on. The question is do I need to dose ferts again after pwc if I do it in the afternoon? I know the pps pro system is based on giving just enough for one day I would assume doing a pwc would reduce the amount in the water column? No? Should I dose again before I turn lights on in the evening? or just let it go until morning and start as usual ? I apologize for a silly question but could not find the answer searching through threads. Thanks in advance for any input and in case it is relevant I did a 30%pwc:thanks:

Too late for help tonight but would still like to know if pwc effects fertilizers put in the tank the day you change water. A simple yes or no would suffice. Thanks again

This is a little late but in that case I would just let it go until the next day. The PWC does reduce the amount but IMO I doubt this one instance will make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Fresh, I really wanted to know for future reference in case I still do frequent water changes or even just for my routine weekly wc. Not an emergency I just couldn't find the answer on the threads here or on Greenleaf site where I purchased ferts and was wondering how people here that use pps pro deal with ferts and water changes.:):thanks:

Back
Top Bottom