Pressurized CO2 / Timer / Solenoid Set-up Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dapellegrini said:
Well, maybe my needle valve is just incredibly nice. I can move it in the tiniest increments very easily at 25psi. I really like the tightness of the valve when it is barely open (on my Milwaukee)... Rumor is the Azoo's come with a preset pressure at 20 and if you move the nut to increase or decrease the pressure, it voids your warranty... Not sure about multi-tank setups or using Rex's stuff.

I have to think that different regulators/needle valves behave a bit differently...

It's not the tightness that I was refering to. It was the amount of flow per increment change of the needle valve.

For example: If you have the regulator set at 10 lbs and you want to change your CO2 flowrate by 1 BPS, lets say you open the needle valve 1/8 of a full turn to do so. Now when you set the regulator to 30 lbs, that change of 1 BPS will now require you to turn the needle valve maybe 1/32 of one full turn open to achieve the same change in flow rate. Thus making it harder to make fine adjustments.

I hope that was a little clearer.

I think that both ways work, but I also use the "higher pressure on the regulator" school of thought. my needle valve still allows plenty of fine tuning (at approx 25# on the reg) and since my CO2 tank is about 4 years old on the same fill (was in my garage from an old hobby), its nearing the end and I dont want the end of tank dump to catch me by surprise.

I also have the milwaukee regulator/solenoid/needle valve

Back
Top Bottom