Question on filter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking at getting a canister filter, but open to all suggestions. I'm looking at getting the Filstar XP1, but was wondering on a 29G, if the XP2 would be a better choice or too strong? i'd like the XP2, as I can use the 2nd basket for filter floss, and lots of it. Or do you have any other recommendations for a planted 29G tank with a pair of Bolivian Rams and a BN Pleco. Will be used mainly for breeding. Would like input from others with this tank size as well.

Well, I decided to go ahead and get the XP2, mainly for the extra filtering I'll get. Since I'll be needing it ASAP for my Bolivian Pair, I'll take half of my media out of the XP3 and put in the XP2, for an instant cycle. Will move 1 set of sponges, and half the ceramic cylinders, and fill the rest of the way with new cylinders. Will also start with some clover in the foreground from my batch of clover in the 26G, and also will cut a bunch of stems from my L. repens in the 26G and put in there. will give all plants a bleach bath first though, to eliminate any algae that is on them currently, which isn't much.

I also ordered a bunch of other things for the 29G. I ordered a Hydor ETH 201 heater, which will fit the XP2. Also found a site if you needed to know the intake and output hose sizes for different filters. Here it is:

http://www.petsolutions.com/Info.aspx?id=59

I also ordered the 2 65W CF lighting. Will run 1 full daylight bulb and 1 50/50 bulb. Since I won't have CO2 injection yet, will dose with Excel, and will only run 1 light til I get the CO2 inplace. So that will put me at just over 2w/g. Then when I get the CO2 going, will turn on the 2nd bank, the 50/50 bulb. I also ordered the glass top as well. I also ordered another digital timer. Those things sure come in handy. :)

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Will start up a new 29G planted thread once I get all my supplies together, and will start taking pics.

Back
Top Bottom