Quick Query re: Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I've been forced to remove four of my anubias plants in driftwood from my tank.

Is it acceptable for the plants to remain in water, submerged up above their roots but below their leaves?

Or will they dry out and die?

Cheers in advance (y)

Yeah the roots are most important to keep wet. The anubias might have some leaves die off because of the change. New growth would eventually acclimate to being out of water, and when you go back to submerged growth you might have the same problem. Anubias are tougher but this is the case with most aquatic plants.

Yeah the roots are most important to keep wet. The anubias might have some leaves die off because of the change. New growth would eventually acclimate to being out of water, and when you go back to submerged growth you might have the same problem. Anubias are tougher but this is the case with most aquatic plants.

Cheers! Was pretty sure they'd survive the night but nice to have some confirmation :thanks:

Ohhh! Just for the night! Yeah those anubias are hard to kill. Glad it worked out for ya.

Back
Top Bottom