Quick Question about Planted Aquariums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What else will be in the aquarium?? If you have plants only, you can go the "natural" route (also called Dutch style) & do without a filter. <It is also possible to go Dutch with low bioload & plants but that is for more advanced hobbyist.>

For a 5 gal, a small HOB like Aquaclear Mini or an internal (sponge) filter would work.

I run this on my 2.5g, prob work well for a 5g. Like jsoong said, you can get away with no filtration, but I prefer a mechanical filter of some sort on my tanks.

I run this on my 2.5g, prob work well for a 5g. Like jsoong said, you can get away with no filtration, but I prefer a mechanical filter of some sort on my tanks.

Ok thanks. That looks like it will work great. I look into to that filter. I'm going to have just some low light to medium low light plants with a oct. 3 neon tetras and 2 baby mollies. (Fish might change after awhile) So yeah. I might try without a filter at first and if it looks like i'll need one ill get one. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom