Redo of my 30 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
So over the holiday break the guy watching my tanks informed me that my fish had started dying off, by the time I got home all I was able to save was my angelfish, so through this disaster I figured it was a good time to redo my 30 g planted.

I had a few questions on if the plants I had in there are ok to rinse and save for the new setup or if they are gonna be trash

Also what is the best way to make sure any of whatever it was that caused this is out of my tank and filter

And stocking and plant suggestions are very much welcomed as always as I am somewhat new to the hobby

Thanks in advance; Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He might have overfed and started an Ammonia spike ?

Losing the whole tank at once makes me think that something got unplugged , or they were overfed.

I can't believe they would all just died like that from a disease I would think they would go gradually. If it was me, I think the plants should be fine. If you want to dip them you can you can look up the formula for a plant dip there's a few different ones.

Thanks you, I'll look that up after work tonight

I also forgot to mention there was this white gue that appeared over the weekend in my filter and on a lot of my plants and decorations

I also found some sort of milky residue in the past couple days.someone told me that it was probably protein scum. I hope it's not crazy dangerous

I would keep an eye on it, my water was testing at 0 amonia and nitrite but I still lost everything so I would definitely keep an eye on it

I also forgot to mention there was this white gue that appeared over the weekend in my filter and on a lot of my plants and decorations

Maybe rotting food or a Vacation Feeder ? I hate those things !

No vacation feeder and I guess it could be good its everywhere now though and I give the tank a good vacuum every week

Back
Top Bottom