Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You’ll want a solenoid, needle valve, bubble counter, co2 tubing, diffuser or reactor, drop checker.

Might be best to just buy an aquarium reg unless your handy and know how to make up a reg from that yourself.

Buy mid range as the cheap ones are garbage. Ista, azoo, GLA, co2 art, aquatek are all good brands for co2 regulators.

I went probably the worst way possible hahaha I did a hack job, cuz I am handy, and just straight wired it into my tank without a solinoid or bubble counter... I just time the bubbles when they are coming out and stuck a temporary (airstone) diffuser on it... is this a bad idea or a very bad idea? haha Ill attach some pics.I bought the cylinder with the gauges for 80 bucks... exchange was 34.. tank is 24.5 pounds so Id say I got a good deal

Attachments

• 20180118_215502.jpg
    20180118_215502.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 29
You’ll end up gasing your fish if u don’t have some form of needle valve to open a close. Co2 can’t be ran 24/7 as it builds up over night when the lights are off and the plants don’t use it for photosynthesis. This causes oxygen levels to drop dramatically and kill your fish.
You can purchase the solenoid and needle valves on amazon. Make sure you get a precision one so you can fine tune it [emoji106]

Ya I'm going to shut off the cylinder leaving the gauges untouched that way I just open the cylinder in the morning with it already tuned... I will get the solenoid eventually but not yet

Back
Top Bottom