riccia and co2 and glut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I have a drop checker I moves it from the 20 along with the co2 when I found out glut kills riccia so I figured (with good advice) I'd be better off doing glut only in the 20 so I don't jack up my balance too bad and move the diy co2 to the 10 in place of the glut.

Last edited:
Here's the tank it went into this whole ordeal gave me a reason to rescapr the 10 ive been wanting to since I sold some of the plants out of it.

ForumRunner_20130720_234058.jpg

You should get another drop checker IMO. I have one in every tank I use co2 in -- whether it be DIY or pressurized co2. You'll at least get a visual approximation of how much co2 is actually getting dissolved in the water and if it's not getting off gassed by the extra surface agitation from o2 bubbles from your sponge filter. Then maybe get a HOB (i.e. AC 20) if you see a conflict of interest with running a sponge filter and DIY co2.

You should get another drop checker IMO. I have one in every tank I use co2 in -- whether it be DIY or pressurized co2. You'll at least get a visual approximation of how much co2 is actually getting dissolved in the water and if it's not getting off gassed by the extra surface agitation from o2 bubbles from your sponge filter. Then maybe get a HOB (i.e. AC 20) if you see a conflict of interest with running a sponge filter and DIY co2.

This is the only tank with co2 I moved all the diy co2 stuff from the 20 to here to save the riccia and am doing glut only in the 20 so I don't screw up my balance. I do have a penguin biowheel 150 I'm keeping cycled on my cichlid tank I'm just using it to root some pothos vines in. I would have to get a pre filter for it so I don't suck up any fry or shrimp I have some that are berried and I'm about to have a lot more fry going in there. Do you know of a good prefilter that will fit over that square intake tube. Also do you think that will be too much flow for baby shrimp and newborn fry being only a 10g.

Sorry Mike..don't know much about those penguin biowheel filters.. if you have a budget for it, I highly recommend an AC20 for the 10g. You can buy sponge prefilters cheap on Amazon. Plus, the media basket can be customized with ease -- especially for adding some Purigen. Purigen is fantastic stuff, especially for shrimp tanks.

Here are the prefilters I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004K9A15G/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_2?qid=1374390605&sr=8-2-spell&pi=SL75

Thanks. Will purigen remove micros and macros?

Oh ok cool ill check it out and from what I understand just carbon wont absorb ferts. It seems like a big debate.

Back
Top Bottom