SAEs eating my plants :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am now convinced that my poor luck with R. Wallichii is, in part, due to my SAEs decimation of the plant... I added some Mayaca a couple of weeks ago, and have watched as they have chewed the tops off. Both of these plants have the same kind of small, needle-like leaves that they seem to really like.... Errrrr...

Anyone else had problems with SAEs eating plants?

[sorry for the blurry one here]
DSC08868.JPG

DSC08874.JPG

I have rotala wallichii in a tank with 3 SAE's. I agree with you that the SAEs seem to like this plant. I have seen them nibble on the leaves at times.

Probably because it doesnt appear that you have an ounce of algae in that tank. *sigh. Im jealous. The SAEs are hungry. Feed them algae waffers maybe a good plan.

Hey Dap.......how do you propagate the madagascar lace plant?

And where did you get it......it looks great like everything else in your tank.
Well......everything but the R. Wallichii :)
Hey SAE's have to have at least one downfall.......or they would be fictional. ;)

From what I understand this plant can only be propagated by seed, which I have not accomplished yet. It was buried by my prior plant mass and just recently got the moved to a better spot. It seems to be fine / happy. Good growth, but not huge. It is a favorite of house guests.

LOL... I agree that SAEs have to have some downside.

Back
Top Bottom