Setting up 2 10gallon plant tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourish Excel. That's what it is called. Like there is Flourish Potassium, iron, complete etc. There is Flourish Excel.

Yeah, for a 10 gallon just get an incadescent hood and some of those screw in flourescent spiral bulbs. My 10 gallon's hood holds 2 13 watts (6500K), and honestly its the tank that I'm most pleased with so far. My Ludwigia repens even does good in it. They aren't red like they should be, but a nice vibrant green. Not too shabby for something I dredged out of the creek behind my gran's house.

I used to have this hood that took in 2 screw bulbs, but I got rid of it because the bulbs always got wet. I thought it was unsafe. You guys keep it wet without problems?

I used to have this hood that took in 2 screw bulbs, but I got rid of it because the bulbs always got wet. I thought it was unsafe. You guys keep it wet without problems?

there r 2 type, there one that doesnt have the sceen to block the light.

i think this the one u got
Incandescent Full Hoods by All-Glass - Lighting & Hoods - Fish - PetSmart

and here the other one that most ppl use
Perfect-A-Lite Incandescent Hoods from Perfecto - Lighting & Hoods - Fish - PetSmart

this one is the same as the Fluorescent light setup but with incandescent bulb not Fluorescent tube bulbhttp://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754541

there r 2 type, there one that doesnt have the sceen to block the light.

i think this the one u got
Incandescent Full Hoods by All-Glass - Lighting & Hoods - Fish - PetSmart

and here the other one that most ppl use
Perfect-A-Lite Incandescent Hoods from Perfecto - Lighting & Hoods - Fish - PetSmart

The first one is the one got rid of. I actually have one that looks like the second one, but mine takes in a fluorescent strip lamp. I guess they make two versions..I should look into this because I'm using a desk lamp right now for my 10g. My Petsmart only had the fluorescent as well.. I'll get one if I come across it.

The first one is the one got rid of. I actually have one that looks like the second one, but mine is takes in a fluorescent strip lamp. I guess they make two versions..I should look into this because I'm using a desk lamp right now for my 10g. My Petsmart only had the fluorescent as well.. I'll get one if I come across it.

yes there 2 type, the first one suck, ur risking ur fish n house on the line.
u can always ask your petsmart to order it for you.

I've heard the eco-complete is better than Flourite. If I were you I would just make my own substrate if you're serious about planting: How-To: Mineralized Soil Substrate, by Aaron Talbot - Library - Aquatic Plant Central

I didn't learn about this method until AFTER I had planted everything in. Going to do this for my 5g shrimp nano.

im not serious about planting, just getting started/ learning right now.
maybe ill just buy a bag of eco as of right now and do a DIY Soil later.

thanks for the site by the way,

My plants tend to grow better in the eco complete, but not as well in the fluorite.

stupid petco doesnt even have the eco brand. they got the other one.
so stupid ... they post it up on their site that they have it. but its not even the same brand.

Back
Top Bottom