Setting up co2 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyris69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I have a half used 5lb c02 tank with regulator and drop check to see when its empty for my quad tap kegerator and since I have no more beer for right now I wanted to convert it for my fish tank. I think DIY co2 is just too inconsistent and causing tons of unwanted algae.

It has a 1/4" ID co2 tubing and fitting so i was wondering is there any adapter I can find at a hardware store to step down the line to a silicone fish airline?

I'm going to keep the existing tube on the co2 tank but want a insert fitting that can go into the tube and have a smaller fit on the other side to attach the airline and bubble counter. I want to do it this way so it's easier to put back in the beer system later.

maybe something like this? http://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...gs/tube-to-fpt-connector/p-1713301-c-9433.htm

I wouldn't use airline for any type of CO2 setup. It can cause leak problems or possibly break You can get CO2 tubing pretty cheap from Ebay. I can refer you to a seller if you would like.

You're probably going to need an entire post-body setup that includes a needle valve, solenoid, and bubble counter. A kegerator is basically just a regulator .

It's for a custom diy chest freezer build I made. Fully adjustable psi since we drink micro brews that need specific co2 per ounce

ForumRunner_20120901_192406.jpg

Yea, you're going to need the whole post body setup. The amount of CO2 we put into our tank is minuscule compared to the bulk output of that setup. It's just not able to control the fine amounts that will need to go into your tank.

Can you recommend a very affordable regulator for me? I know that's not always easy, hell even something that can be diy rigged if need be. But I'm very limited on my fish budget.

Back
Top Bottom