Some nice hardy plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bram

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I want to rescape my tank and want to know what kind of plants you would advice.
I want plants that do well without CO2 or fertilizer. Just some plants even I could not kill
Thank you

Java fern, Java moss, Anubias, Cryptocorynes, and Bolbitis. The crypts need root tabs but aside from that those are all easy low light beginner plant without special needs.

Easy to Grow Plants

Hello, I want to rescape my tank and want to know what kind of plants you would advice.
I want plants that do well without CO2 or fertilizer. Just some plants even I could not kill
Thank you

Hello bram...

Floating plants like Hornwort, Anacharis and Pennywort are good. They'll easily live off the dissolved waste from the fish. Any of the Anubias plants, Java fern and the mosses don't require added nutrients either.

Just supply low or subdued lighting from a couple of florescent bulbs from the hardware store. Leave the lights on roughly 12 hours a day. Feed the fish a balanced diet and change half the tank water every week or so and these plants will grow well.

B

Alright thank you

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't rip up crypts when they look like they're dying. Just prune their leaves and they'll grow new ones. Nearly every crypt I've put in my tank performed a phoenix resurrection from the roots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't rip up crypts when they look like they're dying. Just prune their leaves and they'll grow new ones. Nearly every crypt I've put in my tank performed a phoenix resurrection from the roots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im thinking I've got a crypt wendtii (sp) that may have gone beyond resurrection. Nearly completely melted.
:(

Yeah. Got a root tab right under it. The comment was more one of surprise as I have bought that plant from that supplier many times over and never seen it suffer before. Even the ones before I learnt about root tabs.

But I'd go so far to say crypts are my fav low maintenance plant.

Back
Top Bottom