Stocking Help - 60 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MountainAsh87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hallo all!

I have a heated, planted tropical tank pictured here:

30122079_10215137525769229_961241869_o.jpg

Current stock:

6 black skirt tetra
6 gold skirt tetra
6 serpae tetra
6 galactic purple tetra
1 bristlenose pleco

So, the tank is already pretty full. Is there room for centerpiece fish of some kind, like a pearl gourami or an opaline gourami? If so, which would be better in a community tank in terms of aggression?

Your tank is looking good. I would forget the Gourami, and stock a small colony of German Blue Rams, or Bolivian Rams. Rams would really make the lower level of your tank pop.
Might even be able to squeeze in an Electric Blue Acara.
IMO, the majority of your current stock are low waste makers, plenty of room for additions.

Your tank is looking good.

Thanks! :D

I would forget the Gourami, and stock a small colony of German Blue Rams, or Bolivian Rams. Rams would really make the lower level of your tank pop.
Might even be able to squeeze in an Electric Blue Acara.

Blue Acaras are so pretty. @_@ I read that they're likely to bully smaller fish. Is that accurate or not so much?

IMO, the majority of your current stock are low waste makers, plenty of room for additions.

Yay!!

IMO EBA will bully smaller fish and eat what fits in their mouth.
They are pretty and cute when small..

IMO EBA will bully smaller fish and eat what fits in their mouth.
They are pretty and cute when small..

Yeah, that was my concern. :/ The 60gal is the largest tank I have at the moment, so I can't rehome the Blue Acara if major aggression starts happening.

I recommend an Apistogramma male and a female would be a good addition. Males are very bright and they are peaceful. The male would be your centerpiece fish, the female is not as colorful but they do good in pairs

Also I love L134 Leopard plecos. They stay small but are unique with their yellow ab black stripes

YOU should add a few Otocinclus Catfish as they are the best alagae eating fish and stay small, an dI would recommend 10 Olive nerite snails for more algae eating prowless . They dont reproduce

I recommend an Apistogramma male and a female would be a good addition. Males are very bright and they are peaceful. The male would be your centerpiece fish, the female is not as colorful but they do good in pairs

Interesting idea! Any particular species recommendations?

Also I love L134 Leopard plecos. They stay small but are unique with their yellow ab black stripes

I'm totally pondering a gold nugget pleco once the tank is more established. A friend offered to buy one for me. XD

YOU should add a few Otocinclus Catfish as they are the best alagae eating fish and stay small, an dI would recommend 10 Olive nerite snails for more algae eating prowless . They dont reproduce

Snails are probably a really good call. o.o

Back
Top Bottom