Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Suggestions and opinions please

Hello everyone. Below is my 15 gallon planted tank. Inhabitants include 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 3 kuhli loaches, and 1 male betta. So far the plants have all been low tech but I've recently installed a Co2 system and want to start getting some nicer plants. Substrate is basic and and I've been dosing with flourish and leaf zone. So help with scaping and suggestions for new plants would be awesome. Even tips or advice for my set up in general are welcome. Thank youClick image for larger version

Name:	20180525_171447.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	309062Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_162043.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	309063Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_162027.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	309064

Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
ZxC
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh boy..... lots of potential here.....

First and foremost, I see a CO2 tank, so +1 to that!
Second, what lights are you running and for how long per day?
Third, how much / often are you dosing those fertilizers?

Ideal CO2 levels will cause a 1.0 - 1.2 drop in pH, that will get you 30-40 ppm of CO2 in the water, right were it should be.

Depending on the light, you may need to up your fertilizer game. Leaf Zone and Flourish are great niche products, but are not complete fertilizers. You are dosing no PO4 and no NO3, both of which are macro nutrients that plants need a lot of. Fish + biological processes produce these compounds naturally, but depending on how hard you drive the tank (how much light) it may not be enough.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here
ZxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

So I'm currently dosing those two days twice a week. However taking advice from other people I may be switching you thrive for my ferts. Also looking into doing root tabs. The light is a LED strip from Amazon. I'm not entirely sure the output because I bought it cheap and they don't sell it on Amazon anymore. The lights are on a timer set for 9 hours a day. Currently I have the Co2 hooked up to the pH controller which is set up 7.0. When running I think I'm getting about .5 drop per second.

Tags
suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com