Tank maintenance help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, you've been very helpful I’m doing some researching now and if I can't find anything online I will call tomorrow.

In the mean time I've already done my water change, cleaned the tank , refilled the c02 and added ferts

I also moved my powerhead to a less attractive but more practical place for c02 dispersion

For the fert amounts I went pretty much by those EI articles and I'll be dosing about 3 times a week and doing a pwc once a week.

EDIT:
Now that I think of it, my nephew has a betta fish and they use Taunton tap water for it...He's been alive and well for a while now, think that means its ok?

I also have been researching taunton, MA water supply findings and cannot find any. If you drink the water, then why would you not add it to your fish tank? with the exception being the chloramine additive. I truly think that was what the letter was about, but again a quick call can't hurt.

sorry, if I have taken a tangent from your orginal questions, Randy. (just trying to help)

All right I called, I was redirected several times and no one seemed to be able to give me a straight answer. I letter was sent about 2 years ago and they confirmed that and that’s about it, I may call back and see if I can speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

I ordered the seachem prime stuff and I’m going to give it a shot since my nephew keeps his beta fish in taunton water and doesn't even add anything to it then I think I’ll be fine, I hope I’ll be fine I'm still pretty nervous about it.

other then that I pretty much have a set schedule down and I’m going to adhere to it I’m now dosing 3 times a week doing a water change once a week along with c02 changing and regular cleaning and changing or rinsing the filter medium.
There are some signs of early problems (green dot algae, a couple leaves are translucent and I may have a small spot of beard algae) so
Hopefully my tank will do alot better now and these things will go away.

Back
Top Bottom