Thinking about DIY co2, would it even benefit me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so after reading a tiny bit about DIY co2 I've decided that if its beneficial to me I'll go ahead and do some more research so I can do it. It seems extremely simple. My question: is it even that beneficial to me?

I have:
Java Moss
Anubias
Java Fern
Wisteria
Amazon Sword
maybe Hornwort in the near future

T8 with plant growth bulb
Flourish Comprehensive

So would co2 be worth it me? Opinions?
Info?
Advice?

Thanks! :D

I am thinking the same thing if it would benefit me or not. Are your plants doing fine without it. Have they grown much since you bought them?

Well the wistaria is growing great, the java fern is steady, anubias pretty good and swords are alright,.not spectacular. The java moss is too new to tell.

I had a ten gallon tank without co2 running in it, plants grew fine! I decided to go ahead a make a co2 diy and hooked it all up. I noticed a huge change on how fast the plants grew, they grew like weeds. I just finished making another diy co2 for the 55 gallon tank I used this DIY CO2 System for Planted Aquarium I bought a elite mini on amazon for 8.95 with free shipping. If you have the time, it's well worth it!

Okay, I have my system up and running! :D its just ran into the tank with a tube for now, still gotta get a diffuser. But how can you check the level of co2 in the tank? Don't you test the kh then use some kind of conversion? I wanna say I read somewhere that you want it at 20ppm, is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom