To big for tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, it will go great in that 90 gallon, I would just prune it often until you can move it. Maybe just remove 1-2 of the largest leaves each day.

Thank you guys I appreciate it I was worried about the anubius but I guess it's all good I know my catfish love the shade

Yeah, I agree with what ashley said. Trim it a bit for now and just put it in the bigger tank. It looks like Amazon sword to me (though I am not an expert on aquatic plants by any means). Mine are way over a foot an a half tall. If you were to leave it in the 10g forever, I think you would perhaps run into issues because that one has not reached its size potential yet. :)

Yea I agree but I don't think it's amazon cause I have one in another tank and the leaves aren't wide like that all the way down as this plant is

Bates1990 said:
Yea I agree but I don't think it's amazon cause I have one in another tank and the leaves aren't wide like that all the way down as this plant is

The same type of plant can look different in different tanks depending on the lighting levels and how deeply submerged the are.

I agree with ashley. That is exactly how my Amazon swords look, but plants can differ a fair amount depending on their genetics, but mostly depending on the environment.

That's weird but cool cause my other one is wide up top but half down all the way to the bottom is a stem but the other one is wide all the way down to the ground it's pretty cool how the same plant can look different

The wisteria in my 5 gallon tanks looks way different than the wisteria in my 29 gallon! The shape on the leaves of my crypts are different too.

Back
Top Bottom