Too many plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... I hate telling people about this plant and be using the wrong name.
Ha! I did that for about 8 months! What I thought was dwarf sag was broadleaf chain sword and vice versa. An I kept posting updates with the wrong names. Aqua chem enlightened me.

For some reason that resembles Didiplis diandra
You may actually be right! I have a horrible habit of buying plants at my Lfs, forgetting name, calling back and explaining where they are in the store so they can provide me with correct name

Have a 10 gal with a java fern, amazon sword and a small moss ball, would it be possible to add another small sword w out running co2? I use root balls and seachem comp.

It's important to note that plant mass doesn't necessarily dictate the requirement of CO2, but rather light level does. You can plant the bejesus out of a tank and not ever need CO2 if you have reasonably mild light levels, although Excel will always help.

It's important to note that plant mass doesn't necessarily dictate the requirement of CO2, but rather light level does. You can plant the bejesus out of a tank and not ever need CO2 if you have reasonably mild light levels, although Excel will always help.
Running LEDs, all my other plants seem to grow great, dosing seachem comp once a week with the large root balls under gravel

So if I do run co2 will my plants basically grow twice as fast, my sword has grown beautifully since I got it, also just picked up two rotala indica, which the guy told me grow pretty well w/out co2

It's possible. As aqua chem mentioned, the amount of light will dictate the necessity of CO2 (or liquid equivalent). In my case, when I went from a low light to a medium light, there was increased plant growth. However, after the addition of CO2 plant growth was significant.

In contrast, I am getting pretty good results from the same low light fixture (dual T5 NO) on my shrimp tank. No liquid or substrate ferts added. Just water changes and shrimp feedings. Growth is slow. I feel that the crypts look nicer in the lower lighted tank compared to the medium light tank.
pW71SHo.jpg

It's possible. As aqua chem mentioned, the amount of light will dictate the necessity of CO2 (or liquid equivalent). In my case, when I went from a low light to a medium light, there was increased plant growth. However, after the addition of CO2 plant growth was significant.

In contrast, I am getting pretty good results from the same low light fixture (dual T5 NO) on my shrimp tank. No liquid or substrate ferts added. Just water changes and shrimp feedings. Growth is slow. I feel that the crypts look nicer in the lower lighted tank compared to the medium light tank.
pW71SHo.jpg

Beautiful tank!

Back
Top Bottom