Trimming Anacharis ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my anacharis is starting to get really tall and some of the are shooting out the side of the stems making new stems .... i was wondering how i can trim this before it gets to the top of the water and if i can replant it? ... TIA

Ray

Replant the tops with or without the shoots.
Usually, the bottom half where you cut wont regrow too well, but develop more side shoots that will grow up eventually. Giving it a bushier look.
Do you have them bunched or stemmed individually?
Mine are bunched in groups of about 7 stems each and need a trimmin as well.
:)

Toirtis said:
Yep...and when I do mine, I just use my fingernails.

Me too, fingernails make pretty good plant trimmers. Just lop it off at the top and stick the cut piece back into the substrate.....VOILA....new plant. :wink:

sweet thats what ill do tom ... cause these plants are growing like crazy .... one shot up about 5inches just today ... thanks guys

Ray

Viperboy said:
sweet thats what ill do tom ... cause these plants are growing like crazy .... one shot up about 5inches just today ... thanks guys

Ray

If you think those are shooting up fast, should try jungle vals, lol. With new root tabs and tank dosed, mine shoot a minimum of 6 inches a day., lol. My trimmings are every 2-3 days on the vals alone. And once a week on my anacharis.

Back
Top Bottom