unique cichlid picutres

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was looking for pics and i just happend to stumble across this site and there were alot of different types of cichlids that i had never see or heard of before. the picutres are amazing quality and the colours are amazing. i really like this one but have never seen it in a local pet store Labeotropheus trewavasae it is the 7th pic down. i also like this one because it looks like a yellow demasoni - Maylandia lombardoi. hope u find some interesting fish to :)
http://www.malawi.pl/tap/mtapety.php

Most of those fish aren't sold at any of my lfs, but I have purchased some of them online. Good site for pics!

ya same here with the availability but unfortunatly i dont have the luxury of an online dealer becasue i am in canada and i still havent found a site that delivers to canada. the pictures are sooooooo huge that it makes it easier to identify wether they are males or females

what is shipping like with them? i have always wanted to try ordering offline but the shipping was soo ridiculus that it was never worth it. what is the web adress for that site i would like to check it out

why cant u see them live jchillen? is there no local store that carries cichlids? as i have said many time i am blessed with a big als near me so i get one of the widest range of fresh water and saltwater fish out there. thanks for the link wizard of ozz

mr funktastic said:
why cant u see them live jchillen? is there no local store that carries cichlids?

You would think that being from a large city such as NY, I would have a variety of cichlids at my disposal. Unfortunately, that is far from the truth. The reality is, only a few stores carry exotics and they are far and few in between. And even then, they will not have any variety...probably just a couple of species at any given time.

that must really suck. i have aleast 20 stores all within an hour of my house that carry a variety of cichlids. i am always confused when i see some of the types of cichlids that they mix together in a tank and yet they all seem peaceful. i have actually thought about going to one of the stores with a mix cichlid tank and saying i will take those lol. there tanks always have a such a great variety that i just want to take the whole tank home with me.

Back
Top Bottom