Urgent!comment! Co2 diffuser help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JavaMoss

Aquarium Advice Regular
:fish2: ok soi i have A NEWLY SET UP 7GALLON TANK.
i have some Java moss and Java fern and other plants growing in there. now I want to make them look greener and i also like the look of the bubbles aswell but i have one problem.

do i run the risk of all my fish being gassed ( 5 neon tetras ) or is there a way around it. i really wANT a nano co2 diffuser so i hope you can help me.

PLEASE REPLY !!!!

I am not sure I understand what you are asking? Are you going to setup a DIY yeast generator, or a pressurized system, or what?

I don't really understand your question... if you set up your co2 system correctly then you will be able to adjust the flow of co2, and you will have no problem with too much co2.

There are hundreds of videos on youtube and countless threads on here as well as other forums that show you how to set up DIY Co2... do you have specific questions that you couldn't find the answers to?

It could harm your fish if you inject too much. A 7 gal tank is not too small to run CO2 though. I run it on 5.5 gal tanks. People run it on 2 gal tanks. You just have to inject the right amount. I would suggest a single 2 liter bottle generator. The mixture you will have to play with to tune it to your tank. It depends heavily on the temperature of the room, the method of diffusion, the amount of turbidity at the surface of your tank, the type of yeast, the amount and type of fish and plants, the temperature of the tank, the photoperiod, the type of lights, etc etc.

Last edited:
Ok thank you so much for your help. I will buy a diffuser and go with water/2 cups of sugar / 1/4 test mixture and see how I go. Many thanks

I've never had Diy mixes build up enough pressure to work a ceramic disc before. I've always just shoved the outlet into a power head or into a filter.

I have used DIY with a very small ceramic diffuser with success. But crepes method is cheaper and probably just as effective.

Back
Top Bottom