Using metal washer to weigh down plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an anubias that I am having trouble keeping from floating to the top. Ive heard that putting any kind of metal into a tank can be bad but I was thinking the best way to weigh the anubias down would be to tie it with fishing line to a washer and put the washer down inside the hole in my driftwood. Any suggestions?

Uncle Dirty said:
Drill a small hole in the driftwood and attach plant with fishing line.

I agree I did this with my java fern, but I tied my Anubis to a small rock then buried the roots while rhizome stayed on top of the rock

Or you could take black sewing thread and tie it around the driftwood. Just don't tie it tight.

Uncle Dirty said:
Drill a small hole in the driftwood and attach plant with fishing line.

What is the purpose of the small hole??

On another note, above me they said to be sure not to tie it too tight. But be sure there is actual support on there. I killed an anubias because it wasn't actually attached.

Good luck.

I used thread and tied one to a piece of Driftwood. Wrapped the thread around and around and around... Snug, but not tight. The other one I attached to a small piece of lava rock using the same method. They are growing well.

gobluewolverines4 said:
What is the purpose of the small hole??

On another note, above me they said to be sure not to tie it too tight. But be sure there is actual support on there. I killed an anubias because it wasn't actually attached.

Good luck.

Small hole to run line through so you don't have to wrap line around the whole piece of driftwood. It will hide the line better.

Back
Top Bottom