Westeria decaying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im sure i have 2 extra lighty tubes around somewhere but they came with my tank so its probably 30w each as well making it 120w altogether

wait you said 2-3 wpg daaaaaaamn.... what plants onto require 1.7 wpg or even better .85 w per gallon?

by the way.. have you checked out our ODNO threads.. you can get your wpg figures up for alot less money than you think.. not exactly as cheap as you picked up everything else though spending that little money on your setup gives you an excuse to spend a little bit more on lighting.. 25 bucks online for a electronic ballast and you can OD that NO bulb and get your numbers up some!!

Go to www.plantgeek.net and choose the plant guide at the top. Choose light requirements and browse the Low light section. With only .85/gallon, your choices are pretty limited. I'd recommend adding your other "lighty tubes" to the tank. The best thing would be to consider some compact flourescent lights if your tank is deep. I have 1.8 wpg on my 10 gallon tank but it's only 11 inches from the bulb to top of substrate. I have 3.66 watts/gallon in my 125 where it's 20 inches from the bulb to the top of substrate. How deep is your tank?

lol gosh, i dont even have a job. hopefully i can get one at a friggin pet store.

ok i read the ODNO thing, but i still have problems. what on earth of a ballast look like and what does a "sheet metal strip lights"??

Pet stores are expensive!!! ACK!!!
by the way you scraped up $70 for the setup.. if you cant scrape up $25 to up your lighting I would suggest not keeping plants until you can..
Locally the ballast would be at a HD or a Lowes or other big hardware store or a commercial lighting supply store.. you would need to check the yellow pages.. but I would think the local price would be somewhere around the equivalent to at least $30 US.. ACK!! but I keep hearing that electronic components are cheaper in Canada so you might want to look around.. :D

The best price I can get on that fixture is $83 and its not local.. Id have to order it online.. and I cant move down from high light to medium light by a simple rewire job.. and I can get 156 watts of light out of an old strip light for $40.. sounds like Ill be better off with ODNO.. not to mention I wouldnt want to have to pay for those CF bulbs.. and the Jebo fixtues have the wrong bulbs for plants in them.. I would have to cough up another 40-80 bucks in bulbs just to use it.. thats $123-163 for a "cheaper" solution..
wabyrd... do you have a deal like that for the bulbs because that is were CF goes out the door for me..

Back
Top Bottom