What crypts are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased some crypts from the lfs here today, and they didn't know what they were. They got them from someone who dropped them off for store credit, and didn't get the naames of them. So, here's some pics....

Crypt #1 - The green one. The others are Beckettii's in this tank. It's my 10G, and is only temporary.
10g157.jpg

Here's the same one I put in my 75G. The pic isn't very good.
75g580.jpg

Crypt #2 - the long, narrow tall one.
75g579.jpg

It's hard to tell between the Crypt Undulata and the Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae. But from the pics I've seen online, the Crypt Undulata has a redder stem, and that's why I was thinking it was that one. The pics of the Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae seem to be a little more on the green side.

the second one I have seen it before, but I have absolutely no clue what it is, they leaves are like...almost round right?

Not really round, no. They are about 3/4" to 1" wide, and are fairly long. And rippled on the edges. The stems are more reddish, and the leaves are a medium green, not real dark.

well my LFS has them...I may go this week so if I you have not figgured it out by then I will let you know!

The second one looks jus like the retrospiralis I just put in mine.
I agree with the general concensus the first one looks a lot like undulata.

Back
Top Bottom