What fish is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon_DG

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just buyed a new fish sold as a algea eater but i forgot what name is whas and now i cant find it anywhere on the internet i found some fish but they have different color i can never find a pic with the same color as mine any idea?? IMG_2313.jpgIMG_2312.jpg

So with that confirmation, please note that the CAE is a nasty community tank fish if that is where it is living. They eat some algae in the beginning then like to start sucking on the slime coat of other fish and chasing/harassing them.

The Siamese Algae eater is a better selection, but they can get 5-6" and better for a very large tank.

If you have an algae problem there are probably better options. Less light, more water changes...and so on.

Defenetly not a chinease algea eater the mouth is not a sucker mouth i can see a flying fox bot doesent show any sign of a horizontal black stripe

Simon you could be correct but without a closer pic of the mouth the colour is definitely off for a Flying Fox even a Silver.

Simon you could be correct but without a closer pic of the mouth the colour is definitely off for a Flying Fox even a Silver.

IMG_2335.jpg

This is the best i can get. If i look up flying fox the mouth is identical to them and doesent look anything like the chinese algea eater just there color is something i cant find anywhere on the web. Maybe its a verry rare or special color? My lfs does get some weird special fish sometimes

This is the closest i can get. Its probebly a silver flying fox with more golden color than normal IMG_2344.jpg

I second Autumnsky, the outlining on the scales of a Silver should be VERY pronounced, it's one of their *trademarks*

I have 4 and they all have the same color i bought them like that. Hmm stressed could be but they are happely swiming in the plants and the fish leave them alone

Update : they are all doing amazing and they cleaned my 66 gallon of algeay they are flying foxes but just a gold version

Back
Top Bottom