what happened here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
did i not dose enough? dose too much?
you see at the top of my anacharis there is and inch of green and an inch of brown. whats up with that?
100_0830.jpg
100_0831.jpg
100_0832.jpg

You'll need to trim off all that is brown. It's "usually" (but not always) caused by being shaded too much. If it is left in, it will rot and foul your water.

i can't say that it's from being shaded too much as it's right at the top of the water. too much light?

Your photos show it just under the much greener and denser tops. How much/what type of light do you have?

it looks brown in the pic. but i think that it looks more red than anything

Egeria densa is the scientific name I believe.

I used to grow it under 3.75 & 2.5 wpg with no problems (don't anymore, it grew way too fast). Its a nutrient hog so good to prevent algae especially when starting an aquarium. I've never had it turn brown on me except when I put it in a fry grow-out tank that had less than 1 wpg. When I researched it, the literature I found was that the brown section was being shaded too much.

Perhaps I had a different variety, but mine never turned red at all, even floating under the highest lighting I have.

If it is reddish in color, that could be a sign of nitrogen deficiency. That stuff will soak up nutrients quick. What is your N testing at?

Back
Top Bottom