Which substate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually 1ml is one thread of the cap of most dechlors, and the whole cap is usually 5ml, or 1tsp. That is a generalization, but makes it easier to add the proper amount.

Rsquared333, I have ordered shrimp, snails and ancistrus from AZGardens, and everyone arrived hunky dory but, as is the case with shipping live animals, shipping charges will be more than the cost of the fish. Many LFS will order fish for you, so look into that, no shipping to worry about.

What substrate would you reccommend for a brackish planted? I've read sand, I've read gravel... Anyone out there with a planted brackish tank?

Planted brackish tanks are a trick! There are some that might do well, but I don't think it is going to matter particularly which substrate you use. I think java fern is one that can handle brackish, and it needs no substrate at all, so it is a matter of personal preference. I like sand, myself.

If you have not already gotten your plant list together you can post a thread here about what plants will work out.

Back
Top Bottom