yet another CO2 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I cannot reply to old threads here is a link to it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/just-started-using-co2-83819-2.html

First, someone said put the CO2 into your filter, yes, only if its a cansiter.

Secondly, this fizz factory contraption, is it just a crap design as well as junk tabs? or is it that tabs that make it junk?

Can that style of what they call a "diffuser" be used with a DIY set up?

First, someone said put the CO2 into your filter, yes, only if its a cansiter.
you can run it into a hob. the problem with hobs is they gas off the tank in most cases.

Secondly, this fizz factory contraption, is it just a crap design as well as junk tabs? or is it that tabs that make it junk?
yes lots of money spent for little gain.

Can that style of what they call a "diffuser" be used with a DIY set up?
didnt read the thread what style were they talking about?

you replied to a similar one on AC.

its just basically a small trough with a valve that mounts upside down to catch the bubbles for "maximum CO2 diffusion/absorption". If anything I think itll stink being stagnant.

lg_781512_FS19619.jpg

Its the part that suctions to the glass. I am trying to figure something out on a large scale ceramic diffuser. Itll be a while before I can afford the valves and regulators( my hvac ones are broke) for the pressurized but have my tanks already.

What do you mean a HOB will gas off the tank, the HOB will consume/gas off the co2 before it hits the water, what doesnt get gassed off isnt enough to do anything at all.

I jsut ripped my DIY apart and had it into the AC70 directly thru the top nipple and the intake tube itself. to be honest my plants are doing fine but my java ferns I got from fort are showing signs of new growth as in new plants that will detach and the main leaves are browning and or melting away to nothing

What do you mean a HOB will gas off the tank, the HOB will consume/gas off the co2 before it hits the water, what doesnt get gassed off isnt enough to do anything at all.
hobs create a lot of surface agitation and that gasses off co2. not sure how well that would work... looks like the co2 would just build up until it comes off the side. i would just use the hob or a power head to break up the co2.

I think I am going to get a small powerhead to diffuse it with a sponge filter on bottom. I am running 2 2 gallon stills on DIY now, its about a 55 gallon more then likely a 52.

tim I have enough diy co2 here to plumb up nearly everyones tank, im just trying to find a method to absorb the co2 into the water on a 50+ gallon. and keep it regulated just like pressurized systems.

I got most the stuff for pressurized but dont want to use it yet.

that link i gave you is it. i built a similar reactor. right now i have 5 diy bottles on a 55 gal. i can shake up all 5 bottles and i dont get a single bubble out of it. it's all diffused.

as far as regulating what you have going in i think you're S out of luck. that means that you have to restrict the amount of co2 coming out of the bottle, which i've heard can cause the bottles to pop.

If you are looking for away to diffuse it go with the Hagen elite mini underwater filter. Search APC forum for it.

Back
Top Bottom