Ziggy's 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes I know. I'm not a freshie so hush all of you!

I needed a tank in my life and this was the solution I was able to come up with. The tank has been up for almost 6 weeks now so it's pretty established. Headed into the realm of plants and always open for advice and suggestions. I'm not getting super fancy with this tank so pressurized co2 and all that mess is out. A diy co2 option is in play for later this week I picked up the stuff. Ferts...you tell me. I've got 20w of light and not looking to add or change that anytime soon. I'm a reef guy so this is not my area though I've had planted tanks in the past.

I have a few live plants and the rest are fake. I want some java fern and would love some rcs.

Anyway here's the little 10g, nothing special but it gives me peace.

013aa.jpg

I'm working on that. There are 3 bunches of live plants in there. the fakes are there only to fill the void until I get more live. I want some JAVA for the driftwood. I freaking love that piece. It was not cheap but I like it.

Looks pretty good.

If you're only running 20W of light - don't mess with ferts or CO2. I thought you told me you were running 40, that's a different story.

If you ever come visit you can steal some RCS. I don't have tons left, but enough to get you started for sure.

What color bulb are you running? It looks a little yellow. Make sure it's at least 5000K and that'll work.

I was wrong when I told you the other day that I had 40w. It is only 20w. The color looks yellow because the camera isn't that great. The color is 6500K.

It's so hard to find just the right driftwood and yours is gorgeous. Your tank is very pretty for a salt creep!

I dug and dug through a huge bin of driftwood for that piece and when I got it I carried it around the store for over an hour. Dang thing cost me $35 but was worth it I love it. The pictures do not do it justice, there are holes all the way through it. Such an awesome piece, I can't wait to get some java growing on it!!

It's a 12 step program....I don't know what step I'm on but I do know it's wet...

Looks like a good start; fresh and saltwater aren't really all that different, all the basic principles still apply. Why a freshwater tank if you're a diehard saltwater guy?

Back
Top Bottom