Wanted: 3 Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MINIMAL

Aquarium Advice Freak
PM me pictures and price please. Or if you want to trade or partial trade I have a ton of plants. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just saying, you are better buying local. Shipping fish, especially with discus, can be very costly and dangerous as they can be mishandled, and even damaged, and insurance on shipping discus can get VERY costly

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't find anybody local with them. I wish I would have just got them in Pittsburgh when I was there. So I guess my next question is, does anybody know somewhere around Charleston WV that keeps them?

A quick Internet search can show you if there are any lfs near you, and then you can call and see if they have them before making a trip.

Pony up ... Discus Hans!!!
Actually, shipping may be cheaper for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, specialty pets in St. Albans keeps them! I buy from them a lot and they will wheel and deal with you!

I will try that too. I found one at a LFS that I am getting tomorrow. I will put him in a quarrentine tank until I get others and introduce them all at the same time.

Specialty didn't have any but can order them. Only problem with that is you don't know what they are going to look like when they get in. Also nearly every fish I have got from there dies within 2 days but from anywhere else (even a guy on here sending me guppies that took 4 days for usps to deliver lives) they tested my water against theirs and everything was the same but they always die. If they were only $5 each I wouldn't care but when we are talking $30 to $100 each I am not willing to roll the dice when I know the most likely outcome.

I got 6 from discus Hans in April. Still doing great. Seriously you should look @ his website. Only problem is that the pictures are not the best. He sent me an order sheet that really shows how the fish should look as adults. Also, I would just wait & order them all together.

Check your pH versus theirs. That might be a factor

Back
Top Bottom