Wanted: Blue Star Endlers, Panda Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,

I have been looking online for both of these livebearers without and luck, so I need some help!

Anyone here have any blue star endlers and willing to trade or sell me two males and one or two females?

I am also looking to add new blood to my panda guppy population. Looking for 2-3 individuals as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did you check Aquabid? Or EBay?

5 gallon planted(1m/2f guppy and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon planted divided Betta(1 male and 1 female)

I sure did. No luck. I have read that blue star endlers are hard to find in the US, but I didn't believe it till I tried looking for them myself.

Your best bet on finding some blue stars would be to contact AdrianHD of Swamp River Aquatics. IF anyone could get their hands on some it would be him.

Your best bet on finding some blue stars would be to contact AdrianHD of Swamp River Aquatics. IF anyone could get their hands on some it would be him.

Good idea! I don't know why I didn't think to ask him. Thanks!

Also, if I find someone who has some I will let you all know :)

You could also go to a live bearer specialty forum or get in touch with the American Live Bearer association to get some. You would be surprised what you could find on many specialty forums. (y)

You could also go to a live bearer specialty forum or get in touch with the American Live Bearer association to get some. You would be surprised what you could find on many specialty forums. (y)

Didn't think of that! Truthfully I didn't know such specialized forums existed.

Hi,

I live a bit too far if you're looking foe someone in the US. I have lots of those blue stars swimming overhere. I'm a judge of endlers as well in both the Netherlands (where I'm resident) and Germany. September 2014 we had an auction regarding livebearers and killifish. Also americans were present and they purchased all kinds of endlers overthere. Amongst them were also blue stars. The problem is that I just don't know their names anymore. Otherwise, I could've given you a link overhere.
I'm not sure if Adrian Hernandez has them as well. Phillipe Voisin (who introduced them to the aquaristic hobby but his son caught those fish) and Adrian don't have such a good relationship anymore. So, if Adrian has them, those blue stars will probably come from somebody else who has send them to Adrian. But of course, you may try asking Adrian if he may have some for you.

I also have the blonde version of the blue star swimming overhere...

Ever since 2013 there's also a blue star version with a green chest available...

I'm able to send parcels with fish to the US as well but right now it's way too cold to send some over...

I'd advise to check out if someone's closer to you who may have them...

Attachments

• berlin2013 095a.jpg
    berlin2013 095a.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 100
  • 943355_586816454698717_1318663180_n.jpg
    943355_586816454698717_1318663180_n.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 81
  • bs29.JPG
    bs29.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 80
The first one is the version with the green chest.
The second one is the regular version of the blue star.
The third is the blonde version.

In the Netherlands itself I've been the first one keeping and breeding those blue stars.

Hi,

I live a bit too far if you're looking foe someone in the US. I have lots of those blue stars swimming overhere. I'm a judge of endlers as well in both the Netherlands (where I'm resident) and Germany. September 2014 we had an auction regarding livebearers and killifish. Also americans were present and they purchased all kinds of endlers overthere. Amongst them were also blue stars. The problem is that I just don't know their names anymore. Otherwise, I could've given you a link overhere.

I'm not sure if Adrian Hernandez has them as well. Phillipe Voisin (who introduced them to the aquaristic hobby but his son caught those fish) and Adrian don't have such a good relationship anymore. So, if Adrian has them, those blue stars will probably come from somebody else who has send them to Adrian. But of course, you may try asking Adrian if he may have some for you.

I also have the blonde version of the blue star swimming overhere...

Ever since 2013 there's also a blue star version with a green chest available...

I'm able to send parcels with fish to the US as well but right now it's way too cold to send some over...

I'd advise to check out if someone's closer to you who may have them...

Well, I contacted Adrian and he does not have them, nor could he suggest anyone. I found a many people that breed a variety of livebearers and that was also a dead end.

I am thinking I will be asking you for some come warmer weather at this rate! I have asked a breeder who breeds many "nano" fish and she is asking her suppliers both in the US and abroad. Hopefully she will give me some good leads.

Back
Top Bottom