Angelfish - submitted by Allivymar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, but can an angel be the only angel in a tank?

I don't think it would be much of a problem, especially if the small fish were a group of 3 or more.

I guess it may also depend on the level the small fish swim at. My neon tetras swim in the lower part and the angels are usually in the upper 2/3rds. I may also have really lazy angelfish

Hello all-I'm a newbie to AA and have a question. I have 1 angel and just introduced a dwarf gourami. It's a 50g tank with not much else in the upper water column yet. The angel is pecking at the gourami a little. I plan on some more gouramis soon. Would it help to have another angel in there? I heard that just one angel in a tank can be more nippy and bullish, but with two or three they tend to settle down. Is that accurate?

Treyhills I am not an expert by any means but that was the case with my angels. I bought two angels and they went on a killing spree towards the rest of my fish. Bought two more angels and the warzone completely stopped. I think its worth a try with your tank but would definitely ask some one more experienced also!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 60g tank that I am preparing to setup in the next month or so. When I plug angelfish into Aqadvisor.com it says that they are already 50% of the tanks capacity. Does this seem correct? It seems odd to me that I could keep pretty much only 4 angelfish in the tank with very little else.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom