Baby midnight blue platy's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my platy's yesterday. Ordered these little guys over a month ago. Had to wait for them to get stronger to beable to ship. They don't have all their color yet. But they are so pretty. Got 3 of them. IMAG2505.jpg

Nice color on that one ..
Good luck if they breed for you.
I hope! Looks like I have 2 females and 1 male. Any suggestions on getting them to breed to better my chances? Not sure how old they are. Gotta be a few months old maybe alittle more.

I hope! Looks like I have 2 females and 1 male. Any suggestions on getting them to breed to better my chances? Not sure how old they are. Gotta be a few months old maybe alittle more.
They are the only ones in a 10 gallon with tall cover in it. Temp is 79 degrees

76 is best .Higher temps mean more females from fry for live bearers usually.
Feed them a food with plants in it as they are omnivores that do best with high vegetable content foods.
Be patient and give them time and you should see fry.When I had platies recently they were good parents and I never needed to pull fry from them.

Beautiful specimens. I love platys, but they won't stop breeding...

It's pretty easy to get them to breed: a variety of good food (proteins and vegetable), clean water, and a mix of males and females. You should be seeing young fairly soon. I bet these would be popular at your LFS. You might be able to work out an arrangement, trading fish for store credit.

Edit: Forgot to mention, platys will sometimes prey on their newborn, so a patch of dense plant cover helps.

Beautiful specimens. I love platys, but they won't stop breeding...

It's pretty easy to get them to breed: a variety of good food (proteins and vegetable), clean water, and a mix of males and females. You should be seeing young fairly soon. I bet these would be popular at your LFS. You might be able to work out an arrangement, trading fish for store credit.

Edit: Forgot to mention, platys will sometimes prey on their newborn, so a patch of dense plant cover helps.
There's no fish store around me. There's pet smart about 45 min away. And Petco is an HR. I'd have to post them sell them myself. But not too many people have aquariums in the woods. And I'm way ahead of it. The 1 looks like she's got a belly on her. So I already order a fry hatchery. Just so I can keep them safe. Been reading up on that too. I hope I catch her in time. Can't wait. Can't get a very good pic. But the color is diffently coming out more and more. IMAG2555.jpgsorry best one I can get right now. So pretty!

Very pretty. Platys certainly have come a long way regarding beautiful color morphs.

Update! IMAG2700.jpgstill can't seem to get the best picture of these guys. But they are getting bigger and more color.

Well, time has come! My baby's are teenagers. They have upgraded to the 75g in with the sharks (angelfish) lol! Been watching them all day to make sure things go well. Seem to be. I threw in a few little things for them to hit in too so here's my newest update today. IMAG3388_1.jpg they've got really nice color. Love the blue!

Back
Top Bottom