Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campbell_Betta_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I own 3 betta fish and one of them my dumbo half moon male has ripped his tail! When I bought him his tale and small rips in it but I came home one day and his tail was torn in half! Does anyone know how I can help?Image1483732502.934633.jpg

The best thing you can do is keep your water extremely clean

Adding a little aquarium salt will help fight possible infection but is not necessary

The tail will heal surprisingly fast :)

The best thing you can do is keep your water extremely clean

Adding a little aquarium salt will help fight possible infection but is not necessary

The tail will heal surprisingly fast :)

Thank you I bought him so tail healer and I am changing his water a lot thank you for the help!

No problem
My guy tears his tail fairly often....he thinks it's great to squeeze into the smallest possible spaces lol

I finally rebuilt the tank to make him caves that have enough space that he doesn't tear lolImage1483761417.623511.jpg

Image1483761656.525785.jpg

Aquarium salt helps me with healing my fishes tail in pretty much all species I have had their tails rip so a beta should also be healed by a little salt

Aquarium salt helps me with healing my fishes tail in pretty much all species I have had their tails rip so a beta should also be healed by a little salt

Ok thank you very much for all the advice I went to the store to day and bought him some aquarium salt and a fin restore

Have you tried the "pantyhose test"?

You take a piece of pantyhose and pull it over your decorations....anything that snags the pantyhose can also snag the Betta

I have recently learned that all my rock work had to go, and I am using glass caves now with plans to add live plants....luckily for me, I had a whole other tank awaiting decorations lol

Back
Top Bottom