Figure 8 Puffer Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see F8 and other puffer, bum. Bee goby at my lfs all the time.
I'm one tank with no problem at all.

Like i said in another thread im not going because the store didnt seem to great and the amount id spend on gas would be the same as shipping so im going to order one offline so does anyone know a good website

Homer8 said:
Like i said in another thread im not going because the store didnt seem to great and the amount id spend on gas would be the same as shipping so im going to order one offline so does anyone know a good website

www.liveaquaria.com this one has a lot of good reviews, but has a minimum purchase (not including shipping) of 30 dollars.
www.petsolutions.com this place has some good reviews. It was some bad ones too, but the one above is the leading company right now.
www.aquariumfish.net this one is better than the one above it in my opinion, just because it has better reviews...
www.aquabid.com shipping is usually cheap, its pretty much like ebay for fish
The classifieds section on here is also very good to use...

Are these the same as dwarf puffers?? I saw that there is no dwarf puffer profile...

I know this thread is a few months old, but I just wanted to chime in and let those that are looking to buy either gsp's or figure eights to check your local Walmart. I know they aren't the most ideal place to get fish, but with a price of only about $5.00, it's hard to pass up.

I don't think walmart sell figure 8. Walmart doesn't have the healthiest GSPs. I find really good looking GSPs at a reputable private LFS.

Walmart definitely not the best place to get them, but some stores DO carry figure eight puffers. The store by me had them labeled as green spotted puffers, but they were definitely figure eights.

Does any one have a aprox. Idea of what they spend a week on there f8 puffers I'm thinking of getting one in the future and also how do they match up with platys?

Wonder8331 said:
Does any one have a aprox. Idea of what they spend a week on there f8 puffers I'm thinking of getting one in the future and also how do they match up with platys?

F8s always should be a specie only tank IMO , they aren't to expensive to own , not sure how much a week it cost me after sea salt and food , but if I would take a guess I would say about maybe a couple of bucks or so . I might also spend a tad more cause I use purified water on water changes .

F8s always should be a specie only tank IMO , they aren't to expensive to own , not sure how much a week it cost me after sea salt and food , but if I would take a guess I would say about maybe a couple of bucks or so . I might also spend a tad more cause I use purified water on water changes .

+1

Salt, refractometer, and food. Food is very inexpensive. You don't have to breed your own food, but you can buy seafood at the grocery store. A few shrimps can last you a 2-4 weeks.

So I read this thought they were cool got one at Walmart then went and got some snails the snails are about the size of a dime but the puffer isn't interested in them all it really dose is swim up and down the corner of the tank should I worry I did get it to eat blood worms and will shrimp keep their beek trimmed down sorry if this post is malocated but it is about the main subject right if this isn't in the right place please disregard

Post pictures of your puff. I believe you have a green spotted puffer after you mentioned the purchase from walmart. Post your question in the general area on the freshwater section as well. I look forward to all your questions and will definitely find it if you post in that area :)

Great profile. I want to acclimate a figure 8 puffer to freshwater. How hard are brackish water pufferfish to keep.

bettaowner said:
Great profile. I want to acclimate a figure 8 puffer to freshwater. How hard are brackish water pufferfish to keep.

They are fairly easy to keep, but do not live nearly as long in freshwater than brackish water.

isiah1820 said:
Are these salt water puffers were talkin about

Low end Brackish. There is a little bit of salt in the water. The SG of salt water is around 1.022 and these puffers are in water with a SG of 1.005. It's about a 1/4 of what saltwater is.

Back
Top Bottom