Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
My water quality is fine, although I haven't checked it today. It has been ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 0 since setup with only one very slight rise in ammonia once, lasting 12 hours!! I am amazed how well the live rock has cycled the tank, but I am concerned that the buffering capacity will not be up to scratch and that the trace elements might need replacing within the filter. It has had cuc in for about 5 weeks and one fish for about 4 so I'm thinking it is due for a change. I set the tank up on April 25th btw. I was going to wait for a rise in nitrates as you said, but they are at 0 and it is for other reasons that I'm doing the maintenance. Any suggestions on how to get the bubble tube out? My husband just suggested trying a jar opener (round, flat rubber thing to hold the lid of a jam jar) to improve grip but I'm not convinced it will work and I don't know where to get one anyway. I think there might be a few particles of sand trapping it because my lfs sold me some amphipods/copepods and some sand got in the bag with them. Reef One assured me a small amount would be okay but obviously it isn't. When we first put the tube and filter together I do recall it being difficult to untwist so it could be nothing to do with sand. I am really worried it is stuck permanently

bumblebee1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a biorb 105 which I think is a fantastic tank and looks great on its matching stand.

I have found baby fish get sucked into the filter though anyone else had this issue?

Symon is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, biorb

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com