Hello from Ireland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool thanks for the advice! I just love the Bristlenose-my friend has one they are really full of character!
I'm certainly not telling you not to get one, they are beautiful. If your friend has one, then at least you have someone to get advice off. Always remember, it's your tank, so your choice of stock. Others can only give their opinion but it's you that ultimately looks after the tank. A great tip is to research your stock and NEVER impulse buy, no matter what the LFS tells you. Some LFS give out crazy advice(which you'll see on this forum) but others give out great advice. Research is the best way to keep/maintain a happy, healthy tank. Nowadays that's so easy and can be done quite easily in the LFS store, use your phone!!

I'm certainly not telling you not to get one, they are beautiful. If your friend has one, then at least you have someone to get advice off. Always remember, it's your tank, so your choice of stock. Others can only give their opinion but it's you that ultimately looks after the tank. A great tip is to research your stock and NEVER impulse buy, no matter what the LFS tells you. Some LFS give out crazy advice(which you'll see on this forum) but others give out great advice. Research is the best way to keep/maintain a happy, healthy tank. Nowadays that's so easy and can be done quite easily in the LFS store, use your phone!!

Yes its a shame that some aquatic sections in pet stores just have people there who know very little about the fish. My friend is always giving out about our local one! This forum is great and you're right about researching before going down. I'll have to post qs while I'm down there the next time for immediate advice! Loool

Thanks any of you any idea what this 1of my orange barb is injured any ideas what's it is did he hit side of tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130824_174328.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_174328.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20130824_174429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_174429.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20130824_174531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_174531.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 84
Hi from Wexford guys. Spoke to one or two of ye before. Said I would get in on the "paddy" action and add to this thread.

Hi folk's, my name is dave from dublin living in meath, ever try seahorse aquariums up by the red cow, super shop
Dave, welcome to AA. Great to have another Irish person on the site. Our numbers are growing slowly but surely...lol
Haven't been to Seahorse Aquariums yet but certainly do plan a trip soon. Maybe after Christmas, hit the sales...haha. Seems a bit pricey but I suppose you have to pay for quality. Checked out there store online, looks very cool. What part of Meath are you living in??
PS... Love your upside-down tank. Very unique....haha

Hi Ian i am living in navan, seahorse is dedo worth going to
I want to fill up the wallet before I go. It looks like I could easily spend a few hours in there. The manager of my LFS wants to go with me. Maybe he might get some ideas and expand his fish/equipment section in store. Would that be your local(not so local!) fish store??

Well as you said it is not so local but when im up in dublin and need a few bits i go in there, they have loyalty program so fill up you little card and get 25 quid worth of live stock.

I only upgraded to the 240 litre tank and month ago and when i went in there to get more fish and other essentials i must have easily spent 200.

Well as you said it is not so local but when im up in dublin and need a few bits i go in there, they have loyalty program so fill up you little card and get 25 quid worth of live stock.

I only upgraded to the 240 litre tank and month ago and when i went in there to get more fish and other essentials i must have easily spent 200.
Yeah it looks like a place where you could easily spend 200. I get a lot of my stuff off the internet. Prime, food, lights etc, most of it can be easily half the cost online. I know we should be supporting our local shops but the price of some of the gear is crazy.
The seahorse shop, is it hard to get too. I'm not a big fan of driving in Dublin.....

I buy a lot of stuff online myself, would mostly buy fish there in seahorse, as you said buying online is the way forward, was looking at a api master kit the other day €40 in the shop and only €15.99 online in the states through amazon. Spend 35 dollars and it is free shipping but they will not ship chemicals or some fish foods to Ireland. The price difference is massive over €25 difference on price for the same product. How they get away with it i do not know???

I buy a lot of stuff online myself, would mostly buy fish there in seahorse, as you said buying online is the way forward, was looking at a api master kit the other day €40 in the shop and only €15.99 online in the states through amazon. Spend 35 dollars and it is free shipping but they will not ship chemicals or some fish foods to Ireland. The price difference is massive over €25 difference on price for the same product. How they get away with it i do not know???
Yeah Amazon are very strict with what they'll ship or not. I prefer ebay myself, if i'm looking for something in particular, i just search the Irish, UK or the American version. Some American online petstores have great prices and have reasonable shipping rates. Prime is a great example, i get the 500ml(including shipping) for the the price of the small bottle(120ml??) over here. Remember too, if you want some small(low wattage) electrical gear, you can import it and buy a step down transformer(15e) to use it over here. I plan on buying a nice LED light for my soon to be planted 55g. Probably cost about 250e(price not released yet). Something similar/as good over here, easily 500e. I would love to buy local but i'm sick of paying stupid money for over-priced stuff in Ireland.....

Kildare. I've got a goldfish in my 16 gal for now while I save for a bigger tank and another leaking hex tank that is being re sealed tomorrow only got the goldfish as I've only just gotten back into the hobby

Back
Top Bottom