55 gal Discus Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonraho

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

So recently i decided to set up a 55 gal Discus Tank, with some smaller schooling fishes and bottom feeders.

Was at the local fish market the other day and spotted a few Discus while deciding what to do for my next tank, and just loved them. So.. here i am with the new tank!

I decorated it with sand (larger grains than normal, not fine sand) some anubias plants and a few generic plants, red and green (not sure of the exact name) Dragon stones and a large drift wood.

The drift would hasn't been soaked before, so i soaked it in boiling water for a few hours, (what a pain that was) and it is slowly sinking back to the bottom, though its held in place it still floats up every now and then.

tank.jpg

Right now i have 4 Discus in the tank, Breeder told me they are a year old, was originally planning to get smaller juvs ones but went for these guys instead. Thinking to add 2 more soon along with some schooling fish and cory pandas.

Thoughts?

IMO, the best advice I could give is when you get new Discus, QT them and do not add directly to the tank. It will greatly reduce the chance of problems.

Back
Top Bottom