55 gallon fresh water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CupcakeSmith

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had this tank up and running for about a year before it went all down hill because I got super busy. Anyways I'm getting ready to get it all cleaned out and restarted. It's been awhile since I've researches fish. What would you recommend stocking my tank with. I know for sure I would like to have the rainbow fish again and a blue ram or two. But I'm also up for other suggestions that don't include those.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You might want to wait until your tank is well established again before you get the rams. They are pretty delicate. I have peacock gudgeons in my 55 and I just love them! Best wishes!

I have GBR's with my angels and discus. Great looking group IMO

Oh yea. I'm not rushing anything. I was actually thinking of attempting to do a fish less cycle for it and the. Slowly start adding what I want. I know rams are pretty sensitive. I was doing really well with mine before I got pregnant and became super busy. XP but I'm back at a point where I have time for it and I think my son will looove it. I've never seen the peacocks I will have to look them up. Thank you!!

I've always wanted discus they are so pretty. But would I have to get 6 of them or can they go in smaller groups?

You can do 2 or 3 if you want. Somethingsphishy.com has the best prices for them online that I have found so far.

Weekly water changes are a must to get them to full size and vibrant color

Back
Top Bottom