Betta Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hampton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have recently started up a 190 litre aquarium and I am 4 weeks in with no problems what so ever. I have got 6 Neon Tetras, 4 Red Barbed Tetras, 2 Pleco's, 3 Small Catfish, 2 Bala Sharks, 2 Assasin Snails, 1 Shrimp and a beautiful Half Moon Betta. My tank is so peaceful there is no fighting what so ever and it seems as all the tank mates are living in harmony. I want to add more to my tank but wondered what other fish I could add with my betta as I don't want to ruin the nice peaceful atmosphere in the aquarium also I don't want to over crowd my tank. Any advice on some nice colourful lively yet peaceful non nippy tank mates??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To me, you seem pretty fully stocked as it is. The plecos, assuming the are the common plecos, will outgrow your tank and you must have an extremely strong filter for them because of how much waste they create. You'll have to rehome them. You could probably fit a nice gourami i there once the plecos are rehomed, maybe a nice opaline gourami, that would be cool. Your beta might become aggressive at some point, assuming that it is actually a male. Oh, and before you add any other fish, please up the catfish school to 6 catfish, because I think that you have cory's and they do best in schools of 6.

Nils

Back
Top Bottom