Black Seahorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
definitly my most exciting acquisition a CB black seahorse... i do plan on upgrading the tank sooner or later... likely sooner to a 35 hex nice tall tank for the beauties... well beauty for now but he will have a partner soon enough

img_959350_0_fd5919d4cfcac7ba8352d216f67d8a9e.jpg

img_959350_1_08ff3db99f6e43081a40db26fcfed0c4.jpg

img_959350_2_4fa040fb1ff3415071e452a02839d1dd.jpg

img_959350_3_37abd6e61f8b4f07b73ce26e6ca4ee9b.jpg

-Brad

seahorses and MAYBE a Pod eater... something that wont compete for food. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. there is an emeralds crab in there... as soon as he exposes himself hes coming out tho.

-Brad

IMO I would not add a pod eater as the seahorses like pods also. Your pics bring back memories for me from just a few yrs ago.

100_0527.JPG

seahorses and MAYBE a Pod eater... something that wont compete for food. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. there is an emeralds crab in there... as soon as he exposes himself hes coming out tho.

-Brad

I know mardarin Work well with Seahorse... I have a Local that has Seahorses with a Male and Female Green Mandarin swimming around..... Thats the only one I could think of...:p

Hippocampus kuda perhaps? Do avoid a mandarin and primary "pod" eaters. Focus on small, peaceful fish such as: chalk bass, anthias, gobies, fairy wrasses, or even jawfish.

Last edited:
I was thinking Kuda or those Kellogi (sp?) hybrids that have been getting popular. Agree with the avoiding of pod eaters, pods give the horses something to snack on all day. I would also avoid flashy and quick moving fish because they can outcompete and snatch food away from the horses which can scare them.

i was thinking of another mandiran

the tank was simply labeled as "Hippocampus sp."

i got them from Sea U Marine in markham.... nothing but great things to say about the owner

-Brad

nope. im thinking a "western spiney" or yellow seahorse as they are labeled... i really dont know what pipefish care entales... although they are quite cool

Back
Top Bottom