Convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribensis12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got rid of my male Turquois Jewel( becasue he has beatingup the female), and the female( i raised her back to fish store quality health). So i traded them at my favorite lfs, and got a male and female convict. I have had convicts many times before, and after i get rid of them i long for them. So now i have a female black convict that is 1.5 inches, adn a 1 inch male. They were fine yesterday, so i woke up this morning and the female had attacked the male seriously, adn she is in breeding colors with a deep belly. So i put the female in a live bearer double breeding trap, then went to highschool. I came home and let her back in, and they seem fine. But, will she continue to attack him? Is he old enouh to breed?

Well, she beat him up again. I am thinking that since the "male" is so small that it might actually be a female becasue "he" is starting to show a slightly deep belly, and if it was a male, they would breed, right? Well, on thursday i am probably going to swich at the lfs so i can get a larger male. I am thinking the female might be a HDRP ( Honduran Red Point) becasue he colors seem to "blend" togehter seemlessley, and her stripes are barely visable. I will try to get pic's, but camera is down right now.

Back
Top Bottom