Couple new frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a couple new frags today to replace a few that have gone south due to the UV burning I experienced when I changed bulbs.

They called this a purple tip, I am assuming that if the lighting is right, it will color up and get some purple tips, it's got some purple in it, but not much, still thought it was pretty cool. Both frags are ORA frags.

DSCN6013.jpg

Due to placement, I wasn't able to really get a good pic of this coral, it's right in the hot spot of the MH and kinda leans towards the front of the tank, casting a slight shadow, just not enough light to get a good detailed pic.
Green Bali Slimer (Acropora yongei)

DSCN6004.jpg

Green Bali Slimer (Acropora yongei)

DSCN6001.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. I had my lesson in UV burn in a few weeks ago. Even with a shortened photo-period I cooked my Merulina colony. Only enough for a few small frags survived.

The UV in the sun is what gives you a sunburn, on a cloudless day you can get a sunburn in just a few minute, if your skin hasn't built up the pigments to filter the UV. Same with corals, the CoralVue bulbs appear to put out some serious UV, and if your not careful...

That was under a coral vue 12K bulb, I went back to the 10K the other day, here is a pic of it under the 10K.

DSCN6014.jpg

Not quite as intense.

Wow, that bulb really does make a difference. I've been considerint switcing out my coralvue 10K's for some 12k's. Nice frags though!

Back
Top Bottom