Fire sale aquisitions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of our LFSs went out of business, and I was lucky enough to have a good rapport with the saltwater guy, I called him today around 1030am and he said that all the FW fish had to be out of the store by noon, and I could come get whatever I wanted at 50-75% off. I ended up with 4 Bolivian Rams, 2 platies, a swordtail, a dalmatian and a black molly, an albino cory cat, 2 dalmatian molly fry, 1 guppy fry, and 3 other as of yet unidentified fry for $20. I could have taken a dozen tiger barbs and half a dozen red tail sharks and a bunch of male guppies, but my 55 was already pretty heavily stocked. Thankfully I have 500ml of Purigen in my filter!!!

Nice...You should have picked up a tank and some other stuff if it was discounted at the same rate.

Though too bad your LFS is no longer in buisness. I like the independent ones over Petmart and those types of places.

i had a friend move his fish store and he sold everything at old one and set up all new at new location. I didn't buy anything. I don't why. So good for you for taking the opportunity to stock up. Sorry about store. Hope it wasn't your favorite.

I guess it was good news and bad. The good news is you got a great deal. The bad news is a LFS went out of business.

What's stupid is that they closed, then they are apparently going to re-open again. This is after getting rid of all the pets and clearing out the tanks. All because they were behind on the rent. Probably also for PR, they were being accused of buying dogs from puppy mills...twice...

Back
Top Bottom