First Day Of Summer Acquisitions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mentallylost

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just thought that I would drop in and tell about our New Acquisition. Last night (Friday, first day of summer vacation for my 10 year old son) at about 2:00am the wife and I received a phone call from a friend who was hosting a slumber party for her son. It seems that the kids decided to give "karate" lessons (more like Ninja Turtles lessons) to each other.

note - none of the kids have ever had any kind of martial arts training.

Well,one of the kids decided while on the top bunk of the bunk beds, while sitting next to my son, watching the WWF events below, decide to do some sort of "flying round house kick" thing launching my son to the floor below. He landed on the floor below. Breaking his fall to the floor with his wrist. Or should I say breaking his wrist (in 2 places) on the floor?

But anyway, off we go to pick up our son and bring him to the ER. 3 hours later we arrive home with a new cast. It kind of figures that the new cast would arrive on the first day summer vacation.

Oh man! That stinks! How is your son now? I am sure he is bummed now, but his friends will all think its really cool that he has a cast.
I hope he mends quickly.

Now that is one "acquisition" I wasn't expecting when I opened this thread! I hope he gets better soon.....I can't imagine it would be much fun for a 10 year old to spend his summer with a cast on.

Yeah, he is a little bummed out. We had plans of camping on the Gulf Of Mexico, and hitting a couple of water parks this summer. It's going to have to wait a while now. But he's doing alright now. It seems to have barely slowed him down.

What a shame! On the upside, kids mend qucikly and hopefully he's gotten this out of the way and the rest of vacation will be smooth sailing!

Back
Top Bottom